Premium Staff Ltd
First for Health Care Staff
Why choose live in care?
The main benefit of live in care is that it helps clients and care recipients to retain as much of their independence and dignity as possible whilst they safely receive a service tailored to their needs.
Customers are able to stay living in their known environment which is essential for mental health and wellbeing. Plus being able to remain within your own community, close to friends, families, neighbours and social events.
Only the highest level of care and personal care is provided full time, 7 days a week. Our live in care services are fully endorsed by the care quality commission
What do live in carers do?
A live-in carer is an expertly trained individual who lives with you in your own home. The primary role of a live-in carer is to allow the person…..
requiring care to continue enjoying a secure, comfortable and independent life within the familiar surroundings of their own home.
Premium staff carers and companions can also help with:
- Personal and if needed Specialist Medical Care
- Dietary and Nutritional needs being met
- Companionship and Support
- Housekeeping and Other Daily Domestic Tasks
Whether it’s helping with personal care, keeping on top of the chores or moving round the house, many of our carers become a rock to their clients, enabling them to live the way they want every day.
Call us today to talk about your care needs and see how live-in care may suit you.
What are the benefits of live-in care?
There are many reasons why people choose a live-in carer or support worker such as:
- Staying in your own home in the environment you love the most
- Avoiding change – daily life can stay much the same with that extra support
- Flexible care built around you – your carer helps as much or little as you like
- Keeping the same routines, hobbies and interests
- Companionship, whether it’s sharing meals, watching TV or enjoying days out
- Family and friends can still come and go as normal
- Emotional support – many carers become more like friends to our customers
What do live-in carers do?
Live-in carers can help you to complete a wide range of everyday tasks to enable you to continue living in your own home.
Offering round-the-clock support, a live-in carer can provide services that include:
- Preparing meals and washing the dishes
- Laundry and ironing
- Running errands
- Completing household chores
- Administering medication or regular prompts
- Support with bathing, dressing and toileting
- Mobility support around the home
- Support getting out and about
- Companionship and emotional support
- Feeding, walking and caring for a pet
A live-in carer can make an incredible difference to your life. While many people assume they can only support with personal care, mobility problems and administering medication, they can assist with so much more. While these physical aspects, which many people only associate with care, are very important, our live-in carers can also aid you in all other areas of your daily routine.
People with more complex medical conditions also have the option to be supported at home. If your needs are greater, we have a team of nurse-led clinical carers who are specially trained to meet complex requirements. Whether you need ventilated, tracheostomy or continence care, or require regular insulin injections and blood sugar monitoring, a clinical live-in carer can support you.
Finding the right live-in carer for you
With a handpicked live-in carer, your life can stay much the same as before. The big change is that you have the dedicated round-the-clock support to make that so.
The idea of welcoming a new person into your home and life may seem a little daunting at first. But we walk you through each step of the way and place so much importance on matching you with someone you feel the most comfortable with and who understands your routines, likes and interests.
It may be that you’d like:
- A carer with a certain level of experience and/or specialist training
- A carer who can drive
- A choice of male or female carers to support your personal care needs
- Somebody who shares your hobby or interests
- A carer who is comfortable looking after your animals
Premium Staff Ltd
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a live in carer do?
A live-in carer will move in to your property and is on hand 24 hours a day to meet all of your care needs around the clock. They can help with personal care, medication, household tasks and complex care. But their role is not restricted to this only.